UPSR Challenge 2012
UPSR Challenge 2012 will be held from 27 July 2012 to 7 September 2012. This competition is open to all schools in Malaysia. The objective of this competition is to encourage students to practise UPSR questions and to prepare them for UPSR 2012 which will start on 12 September 2012. Two categories are offered in the competition - Individual Category and School Category, and the prizes are as follows:
Category : Individual
1st RM100 + Medal + Certificate
2nd RM70 + Medal + Certificate
3rd RM50 + Medal + Certificate
4th RM30 + Medal + Certificate
5th RM20 + Medal + Certificate
Category : School
1st RM300 + Trophy + Certificate
2nd RM200 + Trophy + Certificate
All prizes are sponsored by Yayasan Canselor UNITEN.
1. The competition is open to all Year 6 students who will sit for UPSR 2012.
2. Start Date: 1200 27 July 2012
End Date: 1159 7 September 2012
3. Winners are based on:
i. Students who answer the most number of questions from all the subjects. (Example: Maths (100 questions) + Science (53 questions) + English (180 questions) + Bahasa (125 questions) = 100 + 53 + 180 + 125 = 458 points)
ii. The average mark for all the questions answered must be above 60%.
i. The marks from the top 10 ranked students of the school will be added in order to give the total mark for the school. (Example: Student1 (120 points) + Student2 (100 points) + Student3 (98 points) + Student4 (95 points) + Student5 (90 points) + Student6 (88 points) + Student7 (80 points) + Student8 (75 points) + Student9 (72 points) + Student10 (70 points) = 120 + 100 + 98 + 95 + 90 + 88 + 80 + 75 + 72 + 70 = 888 points)
The school with the highest total mark from their top 10 ranked students will be declared as the winner.
ii. The average mark for the top 10 ranked students of the school must be above 60%.
4. If you are interested to join the competition, please ask your school to contact the organizer of UPSR Challenge 2012 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Questions are from Confirm A, a software developed by UNITEN.
6. Students must have an internet access in order to enable them answering the questions ONLINE. The competiton website is open 24 hours per day throughout the competition.
7. Questions are based on the following subjects: Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Inggeris, Matematik and Sains.
8. The duration of the competition will not be extended when there is an interruption to the server which prohibits students from accessing the competition website.
9. Winners will be announced on 12 October 2012 at a prize giving ceremony in UNITEN.
10. Judges decisions of the results are final.